Richy Carey

I am a composer, PhD researcher and community musician. My work tends to look at the intersection of sound, moving-image and language, with a particular focus on materiality and collaboration.

Recent projects include; Sonorous Objects, Project Rooms Glasgow (2018); Near by, forthcoming, (2018);  the TWIST (is that you’re just like me), Children’s Exhibition, Tramway, Glasgow (2018);  Special Works School, with Bambitchell, Gallery TPW, Toronto, Canada (2018); On the waves of the air, there is dancing out there, for Carrie Skinner, Telfer Gallery, Glasgow International Festival (2018); Wondering Soul, with Alexander Storey Gordon, Radiophrenia Live-to-air, Centre for Contemporary Art, Glasgow (2017); Memo to Spring, for Sarah Rose, Scottish National Galleries of Modern Art, Edinburgh (2017). Currently I am Glasgow’s UNESCO City of Music artist-in-residence.

You can see some of my work at www.richycarey.com