Solar Energy ☀️☀️

Hey troops, what a beautiful day to feel happy. 😀😀

Seeing the sun shining today has made me think about the energy we get from the sun. I have solar panels on the roof of my house which produce electricity and I have dug up my front garden to put solar lights in with stones. During the day, these lights take in the light from the sun and then when it is dark, they light up using the light they have taken in during the day so no electricity is used.  I love solar lights because they are good for the environment.

I started reading about solar energy this morning and came across this excellent lesson on BBC Bitesize.  It explains what solar energy is, what it is used for, how it works and how it turns into electricity. Follow the link below, have a read and watch the short clip. I learned a few new things from this. Write down anything new you have learned and send me it via email or WhatsApp.  Try the quiz at the bottom of the lesson too and let me know how you got on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zc3g87h/articles/zk9sv9q?xtor=CS8-1000-[Discovery_Cards]-[Multi_Site]-[SL08]-[PS_BITESIZE~N~~A_WhatIsSolarEnergy]

Games – Miss Cohen has made another fun video on the St Albert’s p4-7 YouTube channel to teach you how to play the game Yahtzee. Follow the link to see the video and then have a go at the game with someone.  Here is an example of the score sheet too. If you have a garden or a veranda, you could play there as it is such a gorgeous day.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBjqn03lZYc-6pCjJPIRqwg

Have a great day everyone, hope you can comment or email and let me know what you’re up to. 😊❤️ Remember, stay in touch and contact me if you need anything.

Miss McCue xx

5 thoughts on “Solar Energy ☀️☀️

1. Miss I remember last year in p6 we said you should fast but you said you are speaking a lot so you need to drink water (ye I still remember that) but now you are at home not teaching a class so you should keep a fast

1. Zaynab I was actually thinking about this yesterday and remember having this conversation with all of you last year. Ye I think I will do it. You guys will need to tell me the times etc.

1. Ok you should tell when you are keeping it because everyday it is a different time and each day it gets longer and longer

1. OK. I will try tomorrow. You all have more willpower than me. I don’t think I could go all day without drinking my Kia Ora. 😂😂