Guided Reading (Holes), IDL and Science 🀩🀩

Good morning guys, I hope you’re all feeling fantastic today. πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Take a look at the previous blog post to see what some of your friends have been doing over the past week. I’m very proud of you all for trying to do some of the work. Remember, there’s no pressure to do everything in your pack or to do every task that is set on the blog but please try and keep your brain active by doing some activities.

Literacy – Here is your guided reading for this week. It’s from the book Holes by Louis Sachar which was one of my FAVOURITE books when I was at secondary school. We studied this book in my English class and I loved it so much. The themes of the book are consequences, punishment, justice and friendship.Β 

Miss Webster has read the chapter and the questions for you on our YouTube channel. Here is the link –Β https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBjqn03lZYc-6pCjJPIRqwg?view_as=subscriber

You can send me your answers to the questions via email or WhatsApp. Enjoy and let us know if you enjoyed the chapter because Miss Webster said she would love to read more of the book for you on YouTube.

IDL – Just a reminder if you could do task 2 for our topic. Β Let me know what you already know about the Coronavirus and then what you want to know.

You might want to know about the cause of Coronavirus, where it started, what is happening in our country, what is happening in other countries, or is there a vaccine to cure the virus? These are just some examples but you tell me what you want to know and then send me a picture of your thoughts please. You don’t need to set it out like it is below. It could be a few bullet points.

Science – Check out this cool science resource which is all about the Earth. Firstly, watch the TedTalk which is 54 seconds. Β This is an introduction to the project. Then, scroll down and you will find lots of different lessons. You can choose which ones you want to watch. Try and write down 5 to 10 things you have learned from each lesson you take part in and send me these please. These resources are great so I know you’ll have fun engaging with them.Β  I’ve posted screenshots below to show you what it will look like when you’re on the site.Β  Follow the link –Β 

https://ed.ted.com/earth-school

Have a great day everyone. The sun is shining so try and get out for some fresh air and sunshine. β˜€πŸšΆπŸ»β€β™€οΈ I’ve started a challenge with my friends that we all need to walk at least 10,000 steps every day. Β If someone doesn’t do it, they need to video themselves doing a forfeit like doing 50 squats or press ups, so I’m making sure I’m getting out a long walk today to get my steps in cause I don’t want to do the punishment. 🀣🀣 I will let you know how I get on each day with it.

Here’s a funny picture to let you know I’m missing you 🀣😊

4 thoughts on “Guided Reading (Holes), IDL and Science 🀩🀩

1. Hey Israa ❀️❀️ I’m good, I’ve just come in from the garden, have been enjoying the sunshine tonight. How are you? What have you been up to?

1. Hi miss, I’m good.
        The weather yesterday and the day before were really nice. I was also in the garden. Me and my sisters were playing on our trampoline yesterday!
        πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‡πŸ˜πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

1. Boo😘 can you guess who I am israa………. my name starts with s and ends with a or could this be a trick question πŸ€“πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€₯😏