P1a

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Glasgow site

Welcome Back! Spring Term – Growing and Living!

| 1 Comment

Good morning everyone!

I hope you had a lovely break! I hope you all tried to make the most of the lovely weather we have had.

Unfortunately I do not have a garden but have been trying to go out a walk every day! Miss Bull has spent a lot of time in her garden over the holidays. To make a garden nice you have to look after it and no one had been looking after Miss Bulls garden so there were lots of weeds (weeds are naughty little plants that grow over the top of all the lovely grass and flowers) and the grass was very long! Miss Bull had to do lots of digging and raking. Then she had to mow the lawn and sew some new grass seed and some wild flower seeds.

Here is a picture of Miss Bulls garden before:

Here is a picture of Miss Bulls garden after:

This term our topic is ‘Growing and Living’ and we are going to learning all about plants and animals. Hopefully by the end of our topic you will all be fantastic Little Gardeners!

Your first Topic challenge is to help me to grow the grass and flowers in my garden. I need to know:

• What do flowers and grass need to grow?
  • What if there is no rain (the weather forecast says it’s going to be very sunny!)? How will I give the plants water?
  • What are Wild Flowers? (Click on this link) https://www.growwilduk.com/wildflowers/learn-about-wildflowers/wildflower-gallery
  • Why are Wild Flowers important?
Activity:

Can you spot any of these wildflowers in your garden or on your walk today? (Click on this link to download the spotter sheet) Wild Flower spotter sheet

Take some paper and pencils with you out the garden or out on your walk today. Draw a picture of your favourite plant or flower.

We are continuing to learn about money this term so i have put some new challenges on Sumdog for you today! Please let me know if you need any help with logging on to Sumdog.

End of the day Story:

The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle (Challenge question: What other books have we read that are also written by Eric Carle?)

Post your answers to any of today’s questions in the comments below and feel free to send me some pictures of your drawings and Wild Flower hunts!

Have a lovely day!

Mr Forshaw

One Comment