Exemplification of Practice

Thank you to the practitioners that have shared their practice.

Observation in P3 at Castlehill primary school, shared by lucy jackman, class teacher

“Naturally children are more motivated by an activity if it is of interest to them.”

“I make observations to determine how best to plan from their play and learning.”

“Important to set up learning experiences that allow ongoing observations and assessment.”

“I regularly reflect on whether a pre-assessment has to be a worksheet?”

“I observe children in maths play, by providing a wealth of opportunities to explore and spark curiosity. I have planned questions to extend learning.”

“All based against numeracy benchmarks. I use pathways to plan for assessment, allows children to take learning so much further than what could be limited on a worksheet.”

“Once we make observations, we often record through photos and share on Seesaw. This allows us to track how we are covering the curriculum and reflect on the opportunities that occur within plan, how they have resulted in learning and ultimately plan for next steps.”

WATCH THE VIDEO FROM maeve mccouaig, Commercial primary TO HEAR ABOUT observations. THIS PRESENTATION WAS SHARED AT THE PLAYFEST IN JUNE 2023