Kirkcaldy High School Rwanda Links

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Fife site

Seventh Day in Rwanda – Hannah’s Thoughts

In the morning we finally had a long lie that i think we all needed. Breakfast commenced at 9:30 when we are normally at the table for 8. I think we all benefited the long lie, we were all more awake and just generally better.

After breakfast we had until quarter past one to just chill, catch-up on school work or play cards. I used it as time to just catch up on some of the work I’ve missed whilst being absent. I also made sure to take time to talk to my family and friends.

At one we set off to go to Bumbogo the school that KHS are in partnership with. We took the time of our visit as a way to get acquainted with the teachers and some of the senior pupils. We were asked to join the senior pupils for a brief dance. We also watched the pupils partake in a brief fashion show. We also gifted the head teacher a few Scottish related things. After we had met everyone it was unfortunately time to leave.

We then came back to good news to get ready for going out to dinner. We were all excited to be in a change of scenery. We went to a wonderful restaurant called The Hut. We spent the time at the restaurant talking about music, our trip so far and just other friendly topics. Whilst out we acted more like a group of friends than students and teachers which was rather refreshing. Unfortunately the main reason we were going out to eat was to say goodbye to Susan our wonderful new friend.

Throughout the week me and a few of the girls in particular have taken the time to befriend Susan. I can safely say that she will be missed by most of us and when we’re out we will definitely be thinking of her.