Sport Relief

Primary 4 had a great day on Friday. We were Zumba dancing with Bonnie, the European Championships Glasgow 2018 mascot, as well as trying out different Paralympic themed activities. We loved playing Boccia and Goalball.

Scottish Food Tasting

Our topic is all about Scotland. We had the opportunity to taste different Scottish snacks. We were discussing our likes and dislikes.

“I really enjoyed tasting different snacks from Scotland. My favourite was the oat cakes because they were crunchy.” E

“I liked the sugar free Irn Bru because it was fizzy on my tongue.” S

“We filled out a table all about our likes and dislikes. We also described how the snacks tasted and shared our thoughts with our friends.” R

“The porridge was very yummy but the texture was a bit thick and sticky.” L and H

“The porridge was delicious! It was super creamy and warm.” K

“I didn’t like the oat cakes because after chewing them they got a little spicy! It was the pepper.” E

“The shortbread was sugary and sweet. I enjoyed eating it.” S

We really liked trying snacks that we had never tasted before.” C and E

“I thought I didn’t like porridge but I tried it and really liked it! I would definitely eat it again.” T

Science

“In Science, we have been learning about our joints. There are three types of movable joints in the human body. These are called hinge, ball and socket and gliding joints.” J, E and L.

“We were active in class by participating in GoNoodle. We were thinking about the different joints in our bodies that were moving whilst we were exercising. We were also talking about how to keep our bodies healthy.” T

On Wednesday, Primary 4 had a very special Portuguese visitor called Madelena.

“Madelena showed Primary 4 a video of large waves in Portugal.” L

“We also learned how to say ‘hello’ and ‘how are you?’ in Portuguese. Have a look at the picture below.” J

In Literacy, we were looking at VCOP within a text.

V= vocabulary

C= connectives

O= openers

P= punctuation

We then had a go at creating our own story which included all of the elements of VCOP. We typed our stories on the laptops.

Internet Safety Assembly

Well done to Primary 4 for their fantastic assembly. They have all worked extremely hard learning their speaking parts and songs as well as producing a very creative Internet Safety rap video.

Here are a few photographs from our assembly…