Week beginning 11th March 2024

Hi readers, we hope you enjoy our blog!

‘On Monday we used Micro:Bits to make a night light! It was quite fun.’ Emily

‘Then on Tuesday we also learned how to play rock, paper, scissors on the Micro:Bits. (They are wee mini computers.) When we shook them it would pick an icon that was either a rock, or paper, or scissors.’ James

‘When we were doing this lesson, it was hard to get it working and sometimes it would repeat the same icon. Some people got it working and some had to problem solve this. Most people figured it our in the end!’ Millie

‘In the afternoon, during RME we learned about Islamic patterns. We created a sun catcher that you can attached to the window. We used black paper and cut out shapes and added tissue to the back. I enjoyed it and I made a smiley face design.’ Jaxon

‘On Wednesday, we took part in a Kapla challenge and made different shapes and buildings. Our topic is The Romans and we’ve been learning about shape in Maths, my group made the Colosseum which is an oval shape.’ Finlay

‘On Thursday there was a special box in the middle of the room. Inside were different Roman replicas that were found in Scotland. We had to investigate with our table.’ Ava

‘Inside the box we discovered a barrel, a money bag with coins, a perfume bottle, a tartan cloak, a broach and a medical instruments. I like looking at the barrel.’ Annie

‘My favourite replica was the brooch because I liked seeing what the Romans fashion was.’ Erin G

‘For writing we were going to do something but then we found an old Roman letter in the museum box we borrowed! The letter was from a Roman boy and decided to write a letter back about our life today!’ Connie

Bye for now everyone!