Week beginning 22nd January 2024

Hi again, we are back!

“In P.E. we set up exercise stations and it was really hard!” Alexander

“One of the stations was the plank station, I thought it was difficult.” Samuel

“On our other P.E. lesson we split into 2 groups and practised controlling the ball and it was really fun!” Ava

“In topic we were learned about Roman houses and what they looked like. If they were wealthy they would have had a big house called a villa.” Sophia H

“Did you know, the Romans invented underfloor heating?” James

“On Friday, we learned about Robert Burns and his poetry. We wrote about things we love in our own ode poems. I wrote about gymnastics.” Millie

“My poem was about my mum!” Menaal

‘At assembly, we learned even more about him and one of his poems is A Red Red Rose!” Oliver

“In Maths, we were learning about time, I thought it was a bit difficult but I tried really hard!” Alina

” Some people worked on o’clock, quarter past, half past and quarter to times. We also added on 15 minutes to times.” Theo

“During French, we learned the numbers up to 30. It was a bit difficult but worth learning.” Edward

“We did this by playing a game with our table and it was tricky but we did it!” Jamie

Tune in next week for more!

Week beginning 8th January 2024

Happy New Year readers and welcome back to our blog!

‘At the start of the week, we all got new reading books. Mine was called Extreme Sports. We partnered up with someone in our group, answered questions and shared our opinions on sports. I would like to try base jumping because I think it looks fun and the view would be nice from high above buildings.’ Erin G

‘On Wednesday, we made New Year’s Resolutions. We drew our face in the middle of a page and wrote our resolutions around it.  I hope to level up in golf in 2024.’ Edward

‘One of my resolutions is to learn a new trick in gymnastics.’ Lana

‘In Maths, some of us were writing raps or made posters based on learning the amount of days in each month. I thought it was challenging to remember all the information. We might display this work on the wall.’ Gregor

‘Some people were learning more about time, matching ice creams and cones with the same time. I though it was a bit challenging.’ Alina

‘On Friday, we had different stations in Literacy and we completed 2 and 2 will be for next week. 1 of the stations was called Dance Mat Typing on the chrome books and another was creating a Kung Fu punctuation instructions. I thought it was really fun and everyone was really creative.’ Millie

‘The other 2 stations were a thesaurus task and the other was writing with Mrs Hobson. I’m looking forward to trying the dance mat typing task next week.’ Erin H

‘In P.E. on Thursday, we were doing fitness. 1 of the stations was doing step ups on a bench. It was fun, tiring and hard!’ Ava

‘There were 6 activities altogether and my favourite was doing push ups because you learned an easier way and a harder way. You could practise each one.’ Sophia H

‘We started our new topics ‘The Romans’ and we created questions   that we want to find out the answer to. I am curious about the gladiators in Roman times.’ James

‘Bye and see you next week!’ Emily