Please see the letter below from Glasgow University following the statement made in Parliament today.

I have just watched John Swinney make his parliamentary statement regarding the SQA moderation and welcome news that teachers’ original estimated grades will now be awarded. There may be pupils within your respective schools who will have been rejected by the University of Glasgow based on the grades awarded last week.

Can I please ask you to let your pupils know we would welcome pupils getting in touch with us regarding their offers to study at Glasgow. They will be considered for entry again. Some of them will have accepted their insurance options elsewhere. Admissions will be able to advise individual applicants of any actions they will need to take to have their application reconsidered by us.

I would be happy to receive any inquiries from you, parents or pupils and the WP team will work with Admissions to ensure any applicants who wish to have their application considered again in light of receiving their new grades, will have this done.

Thanks as always for your help and I hope we can help your young people to progress to their university of choice based on the grades they merit.