Careers in Accountancy

Interested in Careers in Accountancy – see Careers and Vocational Website for information on Webinars by Grant Thornton, one of the world’s largest accountancy firms.

Series 1 – Kicking off your job search – Register here

9 April, 11am – 11:45am
Learn the tools and techniques to help you find the right jobs for you and how to make your application/CV stand out from the crowd

Series 2 –  Getting to grips with interviews – Register here

16 April, 11am – 11:45am
Find out how to ace a digital interview and what to expect at assessment centres. Hear from students who have recently passed our recruitment process as well as the interviewers making the decisions. This session is designed to get you feeling confident with any aspect of the interview process

Series 3 – Personal brand and commercial awareness – Register here

23 April, 11am – 11:45am
Discover how to best market yourself to potential employers and hear from leaders in our business about the importance of showing commercial awareness in the recruitment process

S1 Pupils’ updates on home learning

Aidan (S1) says:

‘I have been watching the Glasgow Science Centre clips and I have learned that the earth takes a whole year to go around the sun and that we get 2 equinox a year, one in autumn and one in spring.

Annabel (S1) goes on to say:

For my home learning I have been doing the Joe Wicks PE every morning and I’ve also done some projects on different animals. As well as that, I have completed the homework that my teachers have set for me.

Chloe (S1) is keeping her sense of humour during her time out of school:

I’ve been keeping busy, I’ve done Joe Wicks PE workout daily.  My cheer leading and dancing coach has broadcast online classes every night so I have been doing them. I do enjoy doing school work from home but I miss the structure and the people at school and there’s a lot less people to boss about here!

This is a difficult time, but our learners have had a resilient response to the present situation.  Thanks to our staff for preparing work for our young people to complete online.

Update from the First Minister 22 March 2020

First Minister’s briefing today, Sunday 22 Mar 2020.  S4-S6 pupils are no longer allowed to attend school to complete SQA coursework. WFHS is only open to key workers’ children & our vulnerable young people. Thank you for your ongoing support and patience at this difficult time.

Careers Advice and Guidance SDS

Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the closure of the school, Skills Development Scotland cannot deliver career services face to face, but they are still there to help. Your child can contact their school Careers Adviser, (Lorraine Wilson for career information, advice and guidance at (jennifer.whelan@sds.co.uk), or visit www.myworldofwork.co.uk

You can also still access their career services. Call your local centre to speak to one of our qualified advisers. Find your nearest centre at www.myworldofwork.co.uk/centres

You can also find their services for parents/carers online at www.myworldofwork.co.uk and www.mykidscareer.com