Film Club Review of the Week

Congratulations to John Black (S2) who has won Review of the Week for the film Inside Out. His review can be viewed below:

‘Inside Out’ has got to be one of the most touching animated films that I have ever seen. It has perfect characters, a perfect story and a perfect moral. The characters feel like they could be real and even the emotions have, well feelings and development! The plot is pretty much about a normal family moving house and how Riley (our semi-main protagonist) deals with having to let go of her past memories, grow up and make new ones which is especially hard for younger children. But while the outside world is moving it’s the five emotions inside Riley’s head that help move the plot and decide what Riley should do through her day. The five include Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust. All are unique and help bring a funny yet realistic tone to these characters. There is, surprisingly, another plot going on in Riley’s mind while she deals with moving house. Joy and Sadness get sucked out of the control panel (where the emotions quarrel over Riley’s decisions) with her core memories which create her personality and without it Riley slowly falls apart, inside and outside. I would be surprised if you didn’t already see ‘Inside Out’. It has heart and soul in every frame and feels like an experience more than a movie. I would definitely recommend ‘Inside Out’ to anybody who hasn’t seen this inspiring film.

Share this Post