Film Club Winner – Lucia Doyle

Well done to Lucia Doyle (S1) who has won review of the week in Film Club for her review of the film Kiki’s Delivery Service. Lucia wins a goody bag from Film Club.

Lucia’s winning review:

What are witches like? You tell me. Ugly and evil, did you say? Wrong! Stop stereotyping here people! This heart-warming Japanese animation by the well-known Studio Ghibli tells the story of 13 year-old Kiki the witch who is sweet and certainly not evil. As you might have guessed from the title, it is about her delivery service. She does have a broom and a black cat (called Jiji) but she doesn’t prance around the fire naked asking for a man, certainly not.
Out of all the animes I have watched, this is one of my favourites by far. Although I have watched this countless times I still have the urge to get my popcorn and soda out of the cupboard to sit in front of the TV and watch this. This movie inspired me to become more independent and to believe in myself when times get hard. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie with my film club.
Share this Post