Free School Meals Initiative, P1-3

FREE SCHOOL MEALS FOR PRIMARY 1 TO 3 PUPILS: COMMENCING MONDAY 5TH JANUARY 2015

I write to inform you of the start of the free school meals provision for all Primary 1 to 3 pupils. This initiative was announced following a decision by the Scottish Government earlier this year and will start in East Renfrewshire Council on Monday 5th January 2015.

As of Monday 5th January 2015 all Primary 1 to 3 pupils will be provided with a healthy lunch that meets the requirements of the Health Promotion and Nutrition (Scotland) Act 2007 and I would ask you to encourage your child to take up their entitlement and try the various food available.

Facilities Management catering staff have been working with Head Teachers and school staff to ensure that all children have a positive and enjoyable experience at lunch time. We have developed a menu to allow the pupils to try new and varied foods and we intend to consult with parents towards the Spring break to seek views on the menu. I have attached a copy of the menu for your information and to allow you to discuss this with your child, this information can also be accessed through the following website www.eastrenfrewshire.scottishschoolmeals.co.uk

I wish you and your families’ best wishes for the festive season and look forward to seeing your child for their free lunch in the New Year.

Yours sincerely

Fiona Morrison

Head of Education Services (School Performance & Provision)

Temporary P1-3 Menu