- choose a denominational or nondenominational school in your catchment area
- contact the school to apply – it’s not yet possible to apply online
Primary one deadline date
You need to apply before 31 January. Details of the formal school application week will be announced on our website.
If you are late applying, it might not be possible to provide a place for your child at your catchment school.
Documents you need to apply
- child’s birth certificate
- current Council Tax notice
- Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (if applying to a denominational school)
- mortgage statement or rent agreement covering the period for at least one year
- child benefit statement
- driving licence, utility bill or bank statement can also be accepted if no longer in receipt of child benefit
Applying to a school outside your catchment area
If you live outside the catchment area of your school, you need to make a placing request by 31 January.