Feb 242015

There will be a national youth gathering on Sunday 29 March 2015, to celebrate Palm Sunday. This will be led by Archbishop Leo Cushley as Episcopal President of Catholic Youth Service Scotland. Catechesis will be delivered in 2 age groups by Archbishop Cushley and Bishop Joe Toal. There will be socialising time at different parts of the day! Transport from the diocese will be arranged.

Palm Sunday

Feb 242015

St. Mirin’s Cathedral Hall, Tuesday 24 February 2015 at 7pm.  If you’re interested in meeting other young people and in exploring your faith, please come along and hear more about these experiences and the plans for both events.

More information: youth@rcdop.org.uk, www.rcdop.org.uk, Facebook: Diocese of Paisley Youth, Twitter: @DOPYouth, 0141 847 6133

Feb 242015

All 10 chicks successfully hatched out. Two of them needed a wee helping hand but now are all happily running about between snoozing in the brooder box. We have 2 females and the rest are male. The Science club will be naming and taking their first measurements of weight and height today. Then the chicks have a busy week planned ahead as they will be visiting our associated Primary schools and Nursery with Miss McBride and Mr Gallagher.

Feb 242015

Good luck to our associated Primary Schools’ Netball teams who will be competing in our Cluster Tournament on Wednesday morning in the games hall. Mr Perry, Active Schools Co-ordinator and our Senior Sports leaders will be running the event.

Feb 242015

Pupils and staff took part in a magical trip to Disneyland Paris last week.  They spent four days taking in the sights and sounds of the historic city, before meeting their childhood heroes and enjoying the thrills of the theme park.  Through attending a seminar and participating in a Numeracy assignment, pupils experienced first-hand how Disney selects and applies mathematical techniques and methods in everyday and theme park situations.

During the trip to Paris, they visited Notre dame Cathedral, Montparnasse 56, the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysees.

Feb 162015

chicks

Our ‘Living Eggs’ have arrived and are currently incubating in the Science base. We are expecting them to hatch between Wednesday and Thursday this week. The chicks will be with us until Friday 27th February.  The chicks will be visiting our cluster primaries on Thursday 26th February as part of the Science transition work with P7.

Feb 092015

RCDOP_Lenten_Catechesis_Quater_AdvertFrom Bishop John:

Dear brothers and sisters. I am writing to you personally to invite you to our Diocesan Lent Catechesis in the Cathedral. This is my first big event of our Synod process for you and I hope you will come and join me in our Cathedral on the Sunday afternoons of Lent for it. I was thiking we could all see it as our Lenten discipline. Don’t give up chocolate this year, come to bishop John’s Catechesis. I have worked hard to get some of the best bishops in the British isles to come and give the talks and they are all booked. This six week series is a simple refresher course on the whole of the Catholic Faith so that you can leave knowing what Catholics believe andwhy they believe it. The talks end with Evening Prayer and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament and are from 2.00-4.00pm. I really think we can fill the Cathedral each week and show the strength of our diocesan faith. I know it is a sacrifice to come every Sunday but if you offer it up to Our Lord and Our Lady it will be very pleasing to them and they will send you and our diocese very many graces.

I am praying for all of you every day and know you are for me. God bless you all, especially in this coming season of grace.

Feb 072015

Proclaiming10 New Commandments

“The joy of the Gospel fills the hearts and lives of all who encounter Jesus.” (Evangelii Gaudium #1)

From 8th to 15th February 2015 Scotland’s Catholic families, schools and parishes will celebrate how they are  “Proclaiming the Joy of the Gospel” in their daily lives.  This theme has been inspired by  ‘Evangelii Gaudium’, the Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis.

http://www.sces.uk.com/