Primary 5d

Reciprocal Reading

Primary 5d have been enjoying using reciprocal reading to enhance their understanding of text. It has also helped us to listen and work with others.

There are 5 jobs: The Big Boss makes sure everyone knows what they are doing and chooses their roles. The Clarifier helps us clarify tricky words. The Questioner thinks of interesting questions about the text. The Predictor predicts what will happen in the story. The Summariser tells the story in their own words. I love it! Ellie S

‘Reciprocal reading is a great way to get people involved in reading altogether because they all get a job ‘ Mary – Rose C

‘ We all work as a team and if you get a word wrong, someone will help you.’ Poppy Br

‘It helps me keep track with reading and I can understand the story better’ Marc C

Numeracy & Mathematic

Our numeracy focus this term is multiplication. We are learning to recall all multiplication facts from 1 – 10 and love to play the Fingers game to help with this.

“It is really fun to play and it makes you think of multiplication tables more!” Jessica M

“I want to play this game every single day!” Niall Mc