Neilston Primary School Breastfeeding Friendly Establishment
At Neilston and Madras Learning Campus, we acknowledge that breastfeeding is a key public health measure that has enormous health benefits for both mother and child.
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde has developed an Infant Feeding Strategy to foster the promotion of social attitude to ensure breastfeeding becomes accepted as a normal feeding choice.
We aim to support this key principal through staff understanding, resources and parental support.
Aims and objectives:
- To promote and environment where breastfeeding is accepted as normal way to feed infants and young children
- To promote appropriate education and training for staff to enable them to promote, protect and support breastfeeding
- To support informed choice in relation to infant feeding
- To increase awareness of sources of support and information for breastfeeding families
- To provide a welcoming atmosphere for breastfeeding families and staff where breastfeeding is encouraged, supported and protected
- To contribute to the promotion of social and attitude change in relation to breastfeeding
- To develop public acceptability and the promotion of breastfeeding.
Useful information can be found using the following links:
http://www.feedgood.scot/support-groups-in-your-area (this provides local and wider support groups along with other support and advice for families)