EWHCF Class of 2021

P6a Class Blog 27/03/20

Miss Estlick’s Comment

P6A pupils are now experts of Google Classroom! I am so proud and impressed with everyone’s hard work, resilience, helpfulness and resourcefulness. It has been great to see pupils working together and demonstrating the school values at our ‘hub’ school. My Star of the Week this was Cara, well done! This week I asked some of the boys and girls of P6A to write about their week for the class blog. Thank you for sharing your experiences of home learning and the virtual classroom.

Ayla

This week was P6a’s first week of learning at home. We had lots of fun activities that we could complete, and used Google Classroom to access our work. We were all able to communicate to each other and complete our work properly even if we couldn’t see each other. On the first day, we were all a bit unsure on how things were going to work out, but after the first week, I felt that doing our work on Google Classroom was a great success!

We did lots of fun things to do with science, art, maths, literacy and more, and we will tell you all about them!

Aizah

Yes as Ayla said this was our very first week of home learning and what a week it was.As said we had a wonderful week with lots to do including Expressive Art,Science,Maths,literacy comprehension questions,Writing and much more.My favourite part was probably Expressive Arts because I made a big rainbow to thank the NHS for all their hard work!As we can’t meet each other Miss.Estlick posts a video every day which I find very interesting because I can see her again.So I,like Ayla, think that the Google Classroom homework is great!

Chloe

Yes, as everyone else said this was our first week of home learning. Every single activity we do for our learning keeps us from being bored in our house. As Aizah said, Miss Estlick posts videos every morning ( that would normally be a school day) saying good morning and telling us the subjects we are needed to do for the specific day. For our home learning we all do the subject we would do at school. Completing work is now  a lot faster since we can do most of the work on our computers. My absolute favourite subject we have done was ICT on Thursday. I think Home Learning has been a great success!

Cara

On Tuesday we had writing which I enjoyed so much! We had to pick a part of the body and find information for it. I picked organs because they are an important part of the body. Did you know the average adult’s heart pumps 70 beats per minute and over 5 litres of blood travels through the heart every minute! That’s a lot of blood! I have also been enjoying the book millions being read by Miss Estlick and Mr Atkinson. The story is really gripping and exciting, making me want to get the book myself! I was really pleased when Miss Estlick said I got star of the week. Thank you very much can’t wait for us all to be back in class!

Home Learning – Update

• Wraparound Spelling– Spelling for the week should be completed on the appropriate Google Doc, please submit at the end of the week and not on a daily basis.
  • Answers– Answers have been provided at the back of the maths workbooks for all the groups. Please self-mark or, if possible, ask an adult to mark them for you. You can share your maths work by putting a photo in the appropriate Google Doc. If you are finding any of the questions tricky please post in Google Classroom and I will help out.
  • Handing in work– Please hand in your work when you are finished for example when you have completed your writing. Please hand in your work when you have updated it so that I can check what you have updated (for example like your home learning log). The teacher can return it to you, but you can also un-submit it.