EWHCF Class of 2021

P6B Blog – 30.08.19

Snapshot of P6B’s learning!

This week we completed our superhero themed class charter. We all discussed and voted for the UNCRC articles that we wanted to learn more about and focus on for the rest of the year. Below is our selection from the 54 articles:

• Article 3 – Adults must do what’s best for me.
  • Article 6 – I should be supported to live and grow.
  • Article 12 – I have the right to be listened to, and taken seriously.
  • Article 23 – If I have a disability, I have the right to special care and education.
  • Article 28 – I have the right to an education.
  • Article 31 – I have a right to relax and play.

Taken from – https://www.cypcs.org.uk/

We then shared our ideas about what makes a good teacher and a good pupil, which has helped us to form our classroom conduct guide.

It has been all about Harry Potter this week! So far the class has made predictions on chapter 1, read chapters 1-3 and created the Hogwarts setting by using chalk and paint to make a sunset effect.

In P.E. this week Mr Atkinson showed us how to play Bucketball. We had a fantastic time and have decided to create a mini league for the class tables to take part in.

During our Bounce Back lesson we investigated helpful and unhelpful thinking and how it can affect us. We discussed how sometimes we can exaggerate things and ways to cope with challenging situations. This will also link into our Growth Mindset work which we will be starting in a few weeks.

In maths the whole class have been learning about Number Talks and different mental maths strategies. We also completed some problem solving challenges!

Congratulations to our first group table winners!

Mr Atkinson’s Comment

I have been very impressed with everyone’s enthusiasm regarding the class novel – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Just a reminder that our P.E. sessions are on Monday and Friday, so make sure you have your P.E. kit with you. P6B will be attending workshops on Thursday 05.09.19 for the Diversity Day event so please remember to bring the appropriate clothing as discussed in class.