EWHCF Class of 2021

Read, Write, Count – Book Week

Primary 3 were the lucky recipients of their very own Read, Write, Count Bags today. After having a look at the wonderful items inside the bag, we are very excited to complete some of the activities mentioned in the information leaflet and can’t wait to read ‘Gigantosaurus’ and ‘The Day the Crayons Quit’.

img_6147

Before receiving their bag of goodies Primary 3 were set a task to find their own ‘Golden Ticket’ to swap for a bag!

“We went outside and had a treasure hunt to find different cards. On one card there was the title of a book and on another there was a matching character from the book. We had to find a card and then find a partner who had the matching title or character. If we managed to find a ‘Golden Ticket’ and the correct partner we got to take the bags home!” (Eilidh, Chloe, Muskaan and Eleya)

img_6135 img_6134 img_6133 img_6132 img_6130 img_6129

Thankfully, with a little team work, and some thorough searching, we were able to find and match all of the tickets correctly. img_6146 img_6143 img_6142

“I loved having to find the cards and matching them with a partner – it was such a fun way to get our bags!” (Oscar)

“I liked having to find the cards –I found mine behind the bin!!” (Ryan)

“I liked having to match the cards with a partner – this was quite tricky but luckily we did it!” (Chloe)

“I liked having to work as a team to find and match the cards.” (Maryam)

“I was lucky and spotted a ticket straight away!” (Kai)

After all this excitement we are really looking forward to using all of the materials inside the bag and can’t wait to show them off to our families at home!