EWHCF Class of 2021

February 2016 in P2b – Time flies when we are having so much fun!

We have been so busy since our last blog! We have not been able to find the time at all in February.

Since our last blog

We went on a trip to Glasgow Royal Concert Hall to see Celtic Connections.

Mrs McKim has introduced Double Plus Point Day every Thursday. So far we have been able to rise to the challenge and everyone has been able to get 2 plus points that day.

We have also has Parents Night. We are hopeful that you enjoyed looking at all our work. I we are sure that you will agree that we have been working hard.

What we have been learning

In maths some of us have been learning to tile using 2D shapes and we have designed our own tile pattern. Others have been learning about 3D objects. We know what faces, vertices and edges are. We have also made 3d objects from nets.

Writing

We have been learning to write formal letters. We had to pretend to apply to become an astronaut. To help us we researched the life of Time Peake and what he did to become one.

We have now moved onto personal imaginative story writing. Keeping to the theme of space we are now pretending to be an astronaut and we are going on various missions to space. Our first mission was to Mars.

“I like imaginative stories” (Chloe)

“ I liked learning things about space and Mars” (Zara)

“I know Mars is red and cold” (Ruby)

Social Studies

We are learning about Glasgow and famous Glaswegians. We have had lots of fun leaning about Glasgow words. We had to guess the meaning. We have been looking at famous Glasgow landmarks and learning the story of St. Mungo and the Glasgow coat of arms. We are looking forward to learning about famous Glaswegians. We may even ask you for some help!

ICT

We have been learning to collect information and put it onto our own database. We know the relevant language associated with data bases and we can navigate ourselves around the database.

“I enjoy learning about databases” (Kai)

“We have been finding out information about each other” (Ellis)

Science

We have been doing lots of experiments in Science. Our topic is Changing Materials. We had lots of different objects – plastic, wood, chocolate, stone, glass and metal. We wanted to see if they would change if put near flames or water.

“I thought it was cool how they changed” (Rebecca).

Have a great weekend!

P2b and Mrs McKim