EWHCF Class of 2021

11.9.15 P2b – Tell me more!

Overall

P2B have had a good week at school.

Some of us have been learning about tens and units.

“We had great fun and enjoyed completing all our tasks”. (Dhruv)

We have been learning about fact families in maths and some of us have found it a little bit tricky. We are determined to keep trying and to deepen our knowledge and understanding of this.

Weather topic

We watched Sean Batty. He was describing the weather for us and telling us the forecast. We looked at maps of Great Britain and the world and discussed different types of weather. We compared our weather to that of America and we are glad that we do not have tornadoes or hurricanes.

We also have been looking at weather symbols. We know what they look like and what they now mean.

Watch out everyone we can understand the weather forecast!

Class chat

We talked about the importance of being kind to one another and friendship and following class rules. We have our class rules displayed and we know what they are.

Some children thought that it would be a good idea to have “pupil of the week”.  This is in addition to plus points.

This will start next week.  One pupil will be given a certificate each week. This will be for following the class rules, being kind to others and working to be “the best we can be”.

We are all sure that EVERYONE in P2b will receive a certificate during the session.

French

The  Gruffalo’s child is helping us learn French. So far we have learned about colours and food. We can ask for some food and drink.

“I know all the different colours” (Ellis)

“ I can say chocolate in French” (Abigail)

“ I know how to say chips in French and crisps –  I have to make sure that I do not mix them up”. (Dylan)