EWHCF Class of 2021

Primary One Blog – week ending Friday 6th March 2015

We have had a very exciting week at Crookfur. Ms Constance, who works in parliament, and lots of very imporWe have had a very exciting week at Crookfur. Ms Constance, who works in parliament, and lots of very important people came to visit on Thursday and told us some great news. Crookfur Primary School is going to get an extension and it will be made all new inside. This will be brilliant for us. It will be ready by the time we get to Primary 4. We have been learning lots more about transport – on Tuesday and Wednesday we had the chance to make paper aeroplanes and fly them outside, design our own school bus, create helicopters and other transport using lego, we had fun using playdough to create a transport picture, we read books about truck and found interesting information and many more great activities. Dhruv – In my reading group we have been learning how to do true, false, can’t tell questions. We read the book then we were given a big, huge bit of paper that had parts of the story on it. Some were true, some were false and some we couldn’t tell so we had to highlight the correct answer. It was good to do and I did really well. Kai – I have been learning how to draw out parts of a story. I need to pick the main events and draw them out and I can write a sentence too. Rebecca – I have been learning how to count higher than 100. I can go back to the number 1 to help me do this and it follows the same patterns. Millia – Anne – We have been learning how to listen to the teacher and write a sentence. We have to listen very carefully to what she is saying then we do our best to write out the sentence making sure we have finger spaces, full stops and capital letters. We are looking forward to some more learning next week. tant people came to visit on Thursday and told us some great news. Crookfur Primary School is going to get an extension and it will be made all new inside. This will be brilliant for us. It will be ready by the time we get to Primary 4. We have been learning lots more about transport – on Tuesday and Wednesday we had the chance to make paper aeroplanes and fly them outside, design our own school bus, create helicopters and other transport using lego, we had fun using playdough to create a transport picture, we read books about truck and found interesting information and many more great activities. Dhruv – In my reading group we have been learning how to do true, false, can’t tell questions. We read the book then we were given a big, huge bit of paper that had parts of the story on it. Some were true, some were false and some we couldn’t tell so we had to highlight the correct answer. It was good to do and I did really well. Kai – I have been learning how to draw out parts of a story. I need to pick the main events and draw them out and I can write a sentence too. Rebecca – I have been learning how to count higher than 100. I can go back to the number 1 to help me do this and it follows the same patterns. Millia – Anne – We have been learning how to listen to the teacher and write a sentence. We have to listen very carefully to what she is saying then we do our best to write out the sentence making sure we have finger spaces, full stops and capital letters. We are looking forward to some more learning next week.