EWHCF Class of 2020

13th of March

This week in Primary 2 we have been learning about…

Congratulations to Alexander and Aila for getting learner of the week in language. They both worked extremely hard! It was hard to choose this week as everyone was trying their best! Well done!

Lucy C is our maths learner of the week. She has been working extremely hard with her rounding and estimating.

On Mrs Grubb’s side we have learned how to compare and contrast in language. We learned by listening to the teacher then we read two version of Chicken Little then we had to fill out a venn diagram to show the similarities and differences between each story. Alexander

In maths Mrs Grubb’s side have been continuing to round to help us estimate an answer. Lily

The time group were learning how to give directions. We have learned that we turn left or right then say how many spaces forward to go. We learned this by playing games and directing each other about our own maze on the floor.

On Mrs Robertson’s side we were continuing to learn how to solve problems in maths. Calum used tens and units to help him solve the problem.

In ICT we have been continuing to update our e-portfolio. This can be a little tricky as we are still practising our typing skills. Bethany

On Mrs Robertson’s in maths Emily and Cameron were learning how to break codes to solve a murder!

The Marvellous Meercats and the Amazing Alligators were learning how to write with joined up handwriting. We watched the teacher and then tried it out.

In health we were learning about you change as you get older. Cameron

In art this week we have been learning how to mix up our own secondary colours from blue, yellow and red. We were allowed to paint whatever we wanted this week! Jessica and Aiden

What really made you think?

When I was answering questions about my reading book I had to remember to look back at the text. Ava and Corinne

When I was doing problem solving at maths I had to think about how to work out the answer. Riley and Rebecca

My work on right angles really made me think. I had to think and find the right angles. Naomi

I had to really think when I was trying to remember which colours to mix to get what I wanted. Lily, Farhan and Alex

I really had to think to remember my spelling when I was doing my writing. Emily C

I really had to think when I was writing my story and play. I had to try to put some describing words in my story. Timothée.