EWHCF Class of 2020

4th of November

In primary 2 this week we have been working hard. We have been learning about sequencing, alphabetising words, the five senses, how to write instructions and how to use Microsoft paint.

We have been learning how to place events in the correct order. We read our non-fiction texts and had to sort the events in order using our book. We were also continuing to practise how to order words alphabetically. We look at the first letter, but if we have more than one word starting with the same first letter we look to the second letter and so on.

We were introduced to our new science topic. We will be learning all about the five senses and how they can help us we discussed what we already know and then what we wanted to know.

In ICT we were using Microsoft paint to make a picture of a house. It was tricky trying to size the shapes but we found an easy way to colour them in.

“I learned how to use paint by listening to the teacher and then having a go myself!”  Emily C and Calum.

“In maths I have been learning how to do problem solving. I learned by getting a problem and solving using whatever I wanted. I worked out the calculation in my head.” Riley

“In health this week I learned how important it was to eat food.  I learned by listening to the teacher and drawing pictures of what someone would look like without having food and what someone who had eaten healthily would look like.” Alexander

“In language I learned about plants. I was reading a non-fiction book and it had a chapter called meat eaters. Some plants eat insects!” Emily C

“In topic I learned that we have five senses, sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch. We worked in groups and had to write down all the things that we already knew about each of these. We also had to write down what we want to know. I want to know how our brain works with the senses.” Naomi

“In language I was learning how to write instructions. We made rice crispie cakes and then had to write down how we did it. The cake was yummy!” Aiden

“In maths this week I went onto the computer and played a game where we had to work out the change from £1. It was hard!” Cameron

“In art I learned how to make a collage. I had to use lots of little pieces of paper to fill in the picture of a lions face. Collage is good to make different textures” Alex

“I have been learning about tens and units. I learned about this by listening to the teacher and watching her make numbers with tens and units. I then worked with a partner to make numbers using tens and units.” Areeb