EWHCF Class of 2020

31st October 2014

In primary 2 we have been learning about the different parts of plants and why they are so important to us. We learned all about photosynthesis and how plants produce oxygen that we need to breath.

We have also learned how to log onto GLOW so that we can read our class blogs. We also learned how to use Microsoft paint and we can make pictures on the computer.

In PE we have been using the climbing frame which is helping us with our balancing and climbing skills.

In art we have been learning how to make patterns and we have made some very interesting hill scenes that will be on display at parents’ night. We also put patterns on ties.

In language some of us have been learning sequencing and putting things in the right order. In writing we planted some seeds and wrote instructions on how to do this. Some others were writing instructions on how to cross the road safely.

Our question of the week –
“What do you need more help with?”
“I need more help practising how to tell time. I find it hard to quarter past the hour.” Rebecca
“I need more help with how to tell time. I always get mixed up with quarter past and quarter to.” Alexander

“I need more help with calculations when you have to work out the number that you started with. For example __ + 22 = 30” Emily and Cameron

“I need more help with my spelling when writing. I find it hard to know if I need a magic ‘e’ or which a-e, ai or ay sound to use.” Calum

“I need more help with my maths when adding 10’s.” Ava

“I need more help with French. I find it hard to remember the words sometimes.” Areeb

“I need more help when using fact families. I find it hard to work out the take aways.” Aiden

“I need more help with writing. I find it hard when trying to spell tricky words.” Corinne and Jessica

“I need more help spelling my common words.” Naomi