East Renfrewshire Council’s, Sports Services January – April 2013 programme is now available for booking. To view all of our activities, please click on the following link; http://bit.ly/Sportsprogramme2013
Argos partnered with Symantec to provide Norton’s Family Software to parents for free (no purchase necessary). The software allows parents to block access to certain types of sites and monitors use. It works on PCs and laptops and more to the point, on smartphones and tablets. I’m told that one of the most popular questions from the October national campaign was from parents worried about how they can control their children’s use of mobile devices and how they would know what type of sites their kids were going to and this software fits that bill. Features include:
– Web monitoring and blocking – tracks what websites your child visits
– Time limits – manages the time children can access the internet from any device
– Social networking monitoring – keeps an eye on your children’s activity
– Search monitoring – updates what your children are searching for
– Email alerts – alerts you when your children do something they shouldn’t, like try to access blocked sites.
Argos made this move in support of the Government’s proposed legislation for ensuring protection for children from adult content on the internet. If you want to know more, here is the link. www.getsafeonline.org/news/free-online-access-control-software-for-parents/ .
Our Sports Day will be on the afternoon of Friday 15th June – weather permitting. We look forward to seeing you there.
On Monday 12th March, Commonwealth Day, we will be taking part in ‘Sport your Trainers’ day. Sport Your Trainers is a national campaign to encourage everyone across the country to wear their trainers on Commonwealth Day and aimed at raising the profile of the 2014 Commonwealth Games, here in Glasgow. Pupils are asked to make a £1.00 donation.