Welcome message from the Headteacher

Dear Parent / Carer,

As Head of The Barony Campus, I am delighted to welcome you to our school blog, where you will find a range of information about the campus for pupils, parents, partners and the wider community.

I would like to thank the large number of pupils, parents, staff and partners who have  contributed to our consultations over many months by completing questionnaires, taking part in surveys, attending meetings  and offering written suggestions, paintings and drawings which have informed the planning of many aspects of our Campus provision.

It has been my privilege to oversee this collaborative effort towards uniting our learning community together into what I am convinced will be a sector-leading educational establishment at the very heart of our community.

It is through such consultation that we have arrived at the identification of our three new Campus Values. These are:

Achievement   :     Respect    :    Equity

These three words will now inform all our actions on the Campus-every decision we make, every conversation we have and every learning activity we experience. I very much look forward to working with you in our value–driven future.

I share the commitment of all teaching and non-teaching staff within the campus to embedding the needs and ambitions of our young people at the heart of our planning and day-to-day practice. This, combined with my pledge to ensuring positive, supportive relationships between staff, pupils and the wider school community that are built through nurture, care and high expectations.

I trust you will find the information on the blog informative and useful. During the early stages of our journey together. Please continue to visit our site as we continue to grow and update it. We are committed to improving our communication with pupils and parents and would welcome any suggestions you may have.

Regards / Dùrachdan
Peter Gilchrist, Head Teacher

Peter Gilchrist, Headteacher