Fairtrade

Fairtrade Communities Group

Hello Fairtraders (and guests!)

I thought you might enjoy a look back at all we have achieved this year so far.  Looking through these pictures I am so proud of how you all worked together as a team, how you worked so incredibly hard during our meetings and also gave up your own time to put these activities together.  Click the text below to view the PowerPoint: 

Fairtrade powerpoint blog

Wednesday 20th May 2020

Click the link below to download some Home Learning Challenges about chocolate:

The Story of Chocolate Ages 7-11 (1)

Monday 20th April 2020

This week is Fashion Revolution Week, which is a time to think about the people who make our clothes. 

In the current climate, order cancellations along the global clothing supply chain is causing a crisis for millions of workers. Now, more than ever, cotton farmers and workers need a social and financial safety net.

That’s why, this week, we’re learning all about the cotton industry and the difference that Fairtrade can make. 

Watch this Fairtrade Foundation Video to find out more.

Hello Fairtraders

I am sorry that we haven’t been able to have our weekly meetings.  I really miss hearing all your super ideas and helping you to plan great Fairtrade Events.  You have done such brilliant work so far and I am so proud of all you have achieved.

I just want you to know that I haven’t forgotten about you and I am trying my best to think of some ways we can use the blog and online facilities to continue to work as a team to support the Fairtrade cause.

I have set up a Microsoft Team for us called “Fairtrade Team” where we can chat and share ideas with each other about Fairtrade.  Click the link here to go to our Team chat > Fairtrade Team Chat.

You can email me at lesley.alford@glow.sch.uk if you have any questions (all emails are monitored by East Ayrshire Council).

Stay Safe!

Mrs Alford x x

Our Aims:

• To raise awareness of Fairtrade in our school and local community.
  • To raise funds for the Fairtrade Foundation Charity.
  • To use Fairtrade products and encourage others to do the same
  • To develop our business skills and self-confidence by working as part of a team.

Haud Tae The Lair