USEFUL INFORMATION

Primary 1a Information from Mrs Johnstone

Communication Approach

The communication e mail will be used by myself in the following way:

• Weekly update of what homework has to be completed
  • Dates for the diary with regards our class specifically, e.g. date for Chronicle Photograph, If need wellingtons/jacket for a walk in the village etc.

You are welcome to e mail me with comments too but this communication forum will only be checked once daily within school hours therefore if it is urgent or something you feel is important enough to merit a note then please do send a note or phone the school office.

To allow the e mail approach to be successful, please send me an email from the address you wish to receive the communication correspondence with a message including your child’s name as soon as possible to the following address.

claire.johnstone@eastayrshire.org.uk

Labelled Clothing

Please ensure ALL clothing – gym kit/jackets/jumpers/trousers/skirts/shoes are labelled with your child’s name to ensure they can be returned to their owner if misplaced.

Water Bottles

We encourage the drinking of water to improve concentration and hydration.  Children are allowed to drink water in class, flavoured water or juice is not allowed because we are a Health Promoting School.  Bottles with sports caps are encouraged to reduce spillages.  Due to us being an Eco school, we encourage reusable bottles with your child’s name clearly written on them so that they do not get mixed up.  I have laminated name labels that I can attach to the bottle if writing on it is unsuitable.

Lunch Menu

It would be helpful if you could talk through what your child intends having for lunch, unless they are having a packed lunch, to ensure an understanding before school and I will order their meal daily with them.  You will find the lunch choices on the school app.

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION*** Foods containing NUTS

We cannot have any foods brought into school that contain any traces of nuts due to nut allergies being present within our school building.  Please can you ensure your child’s snacks and packed lunches DO NOT contain any nuts.  Chocolate spread and peanut butter are easily mistaken – please avoid these at all times.  We appreciate your support with this situation to help us care for all our children in the school building.

School Website

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/newcumnockprimaryschoolea/

Our School Website is updated daily/weekly and is a wealth of information about what will be happening in the school on that particular week.  Our class blog will be updated weekly with news about what we are learning, and I hope it is informative for you.

Early collection from school

Mrs McMurdo has asked me to inform that early collection from school before 3pm can happen in emergency cases only and we thank you for your cooperation in this situation.

*** Medical collection of children*** If your child has a dental, doctor, hospital appointment that cannot be rescheduled, please send a written note with your child to school or send an e mail to me if you know the date in advance to inform of what time you will be collecting your child.

Toys from home

Please do not allow your child to bring any toys to school as we are unable to let them play with them due to the current situation.  They should only bring the essential requirements in their school bag.

Gym days

Our Class gym days are Tuesday and Wednesday – for the time being due to COVID restrictions, children are not allowed to change into PE kit at school therefore it would be helpful if you could send your child in leggings/joggers and trainers on gym days with a polo shirt on top.

It would also be helpful if you ensure no jewellery is worn by your child on Gym days, particularly earrings as staff cannot remove these (East Ayrshire Policy and Procedures).

I hope this information is of help to you.

Remember – if you need any support in any way, please contact through the e mail communication channel or phone the school office.  We are always here to help and support.

Mrs Johnstone

P1a Class Teacher

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – East Ayrshire site