Home learning 20.01.21

Good morning everyone! It’s Wednesday today which means you have two teachers! Mrs Deans has posted your spelling, dictation and reading and Mrs Webb has your numeracy and writing. Don’t forget you have your Scotland topic grid you can work away at.

We are looking forward to seeing you at 11am for our check-in today; keep your fingers crossed that we’re all able to join this time! See you then!

SPELLING AND DICTATION

Click here for Dictation and spelling sway

I’ve noticed it sometimes takes a while for the sound to play on the sway. I’ve given a written description on the task too in case you can’t get the sound working.

READING

Some work on literal questions today. Have a look at the sway and find the questions for your group.

Reading- literal questions

NUMERACY 

Well done to those of you that have completed the sumdog challenge!! You all did really well. Next time you log on you will have some coins as a reward! Well done!

I have set up a competition for you all to get busy with this week.  Good Luck!

TRIANGLES

FRACTIONS 

We have been looking at halves and quarters. From seeing your super work I can see that you all understand it really well.

Please click on the powerpoint below to follow your tasks for today.

Fractions

Once you have been through your powerpoint click below for your last task.

Task 4 fractions

CIRCLES

PLACE VALUE

Today we are going to be looking at the value of a number. The two phrases we talk about are quantity value and column value. 

Last week we looked at quantity value and I had some great work from you all. You were able to split the number up and show what each number was made up of. Today we are going to learn about the COLUMN VALUE.

column value powerpoint

WRITING

You all created super Newspaper Reports last week! I loved reading them all – well done!!

This week we are going to be looking at creating a fact file about Scotland. I have typed up some facts about Scotland although 3 of these are infact false – the rest are true. Can you use your knowledge or research online which ones are true and which ones are false. We will be using the true facts on Thursday and Friday.

Facts about Scotland true or false

Have a great day everyone. Remember if you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to send us an email.

Mrs Deans and Mrs Webb 🙂