Update From Head of Education

I have stated below a letter that was available on the School app today from the Head of Education to remain vigilant for symptoms of Covid and testing.  Please can you read. 

Dear parent/carer,

I hope that you and your families are well and enjoyed the October break. 

I am aware that there has been much speculation in the media around potential changes to the mitigations we have in place in schools and centres to keep transmission of Covid-19 as low as possible.  I can confirm that this morning we have received confirmation from Scottish Government that our existing mitigations, which were due to be reviewed at the October break, will remain in place at the current time. This will be kept under review until there is a sustained decrease in case rates.

This means that the wearing of face coverings for all secondary pupils (unless exempt) will remain in place. We will continue to keep you informed as updates are shared with us.

Please continue to be vigilant for any potential symptoms of Coronavirus, including “low level” symptoms such as sore heads, sore throats, upset stomachs and cold like symptoms. If your child displays symptoms, please do not send them to school/ECC and book a PCR test.  This approach ensures that we are detecting cases early and keeping everyone as safe as possible.

I hope that this information is helpful and am grateful to you for your continued support.

Kind regards,

LINDA McAULAY-GRIFFITHS                   
Chief Education Officer and Head of Education        

Sent To You By East Ayrshire Council

Welcome Back!!

Good afternoon everyone! We are pleased to welcome you all back after our October week.

Some upcoming events –

1. Friday 22nd October – Wear RED day. Give Racism the RED card.
  2. Home links – we will soon be starting some home links that children will be able to do at home – your child’s progress can be added onto their learning journals in the ‘Achievements from home’ tab.
  3.  Progress meetings in November – your child’s keyworker will be giving you a call on a set date/time to discuss how your child is settling in the ECC and if you have any concerns etc. As the keyworker will need to be off the floor to make these calls we ask that you please keep to your time as best as you can.  If it is not possible we will try our best to accommodate.

Friday 29th October we will be hosting a Halloween party within the ECC.  The children can come dressed up if they wish too (nothing too scary please!)

We will be accepting donations to help towards our party. We would be looking for –

• Decorations
  • Pumpkins
  • Cupcakes or small brownies
  • treats for the children – for example, crisps(pom bears or cheese curls etc), chocolate buttons etc. This would be for party snack so would be shared out not one each.

We would be very grateful for any donations at all.

Any queries please ask a member of staff or give me an email.

maria.paterson@eastayrshire.org.uk 

ECC Information

The October holidays are almost upon us so please note that the ECC will be on holiday from close on Friday 8th October and children return Tuesday 19th October.

Monday 18th October is an in-service day.

The ECC will also be taking part in WEAR RED DAY on 22nd October to support and Show Racism the RED card! So if you wish your child may wear red but they do not have too if they do not wish too.

I am pleased to inform you that the ECC will be hosting a Halloween party on Friday 29th October – the children can come dressed up if they wish too.  Can I ask that there are not any props that come along with costumes that may get broken or damaged, and that parents are respectful in costume choices and nothing too scary. 

We are looking forward to a spooktacular event!!

I will post more information after the holidays.