Wednesday 27th January 💙💜💛❤️💚

Good morning boys and girls, today let’s kick start our day with a bit of energetic exercise!

Joe Wicks is back again with a morning workout every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He will go live at 9am this morning, however you can find any of his workouts on his YouTube page “The Body Coach TV” https://youtube.com/c/TheBodyCoachTV – “PE with Joe”
In the ECC, the children also enjoy joining in with The Learning Station, in particular, ‘Shake your sillies out’: https://youtu.be/NwT5oX_mqS0

Staying active and healthy has numerous benefits for children, it’s important for us to instill this mindset and habit from an early age.
Just some of the benefits of physical activity include:
  • Strengthens muscles and bones
  • Helps to develop coordination
  • Enhances concentration and learning
  • Makes children feel good

Think about how you feel after exercising. You might feel a bit warm or sweaty. You might need a drink of water. Try feeling your heart beating before and after exercise. Is there a difference to the strength or speed that it is beating?

Can you challenge yourself to a whole week of exercise? This can be anything from Joe Wicks, playing on a trampoline or a daily walk.
I am also going to take up this challenge and keep a record of what exercise I have done each day
💪🏼

Will you manage to do some good exercise today? You can email myself or your child’s key worker as we would love to see how you get on.
Louise  🏃🏻‍♀️
louise.mccloskey@eastayrshire.org.uk

Sorting

Hi Everyone 🔴🟡🟢🔵🟣
I’m sorry I’m so late with my little job for you to do today but I’ve been very busy doing something very exciting for you and your grown ups to look at soon 🙂
Today I have went into my little boys room and all his cars were in such a mess 🙁 so we sorted them all out into colours, do you have anything that you could do that with in your house? It could be something different like Lego, socks, beads or trains?
Once we sorted them we counted them all in colours.

Can you tell me how many cars are in red, blue, orange and green?
Do you know what group has the least amount of cars?
Can you tell your grown up which group has the most?
Fo you know what group of cars have the same amount of cars?
This little job helps you to finger count, use some mathematical language and practise some colours as well.
I hope you have fun doing this!
See you soon
Jill 🙂