Good morning P1 – Wednesday 13th January 2021

Good morning to all our wee cherubs.  We are missing you so much that I watched your Christmas message again so that I could see all your lovely wee faces again.

Today I have a very special task which I would love everyone in P1 to get involved in.  Today Mrs Forsyth and I want to tell you about a very special Scottish person called Robert Burns.  Rabbie was a very famous poet who wrote lots of different poems.  We would like you to make a big decision today and choose one of the poems in the PowerPoint below to learn off by heart.  This will take you a few days to be able to do.  Everything you need to know is in the PowerPoint.  For anyone new to PowerPoint, when the document opens, click on slideshow (top bar) and select to watch from the beginning.  I have done a voice over on the poems to help with pronouncing the Scots words and dialect, although I am very sure that you will all be better at that than me!

So why not forget about letters and numbers for one day and have fun learning a new poem.  We can’t wait to find out which one you liked best!

Rabbie Burns

As usual, if you have any issues, concerns or ideas/opinions you would like to share, please let us know at :

donna.agnew@east-ayrshire.org.uk

margaret.forsyth@east-ayrshire.org.uk