Final Feedback Friday of this term.

Well, after a long time learning at home we have eventually reached the end of term and the end of Primary 6. Even though it is sad we didn’t get our whole year together I am so happy that you all took lockdown in your stride and continued to be happy and work hard.

I have loved seeing all your hard work and a little insight into what you get up to at home – things we don’t usually get to hear or see as teachers.

I can’t wait to get back to school in August and see you all again – by that time big P7s. Take care over the summer, and stay safe. With the world getting a little closer to the life we used to know, remember to be kind to each other.

So a big huge hug from me and a little “see yous soon” from these guys –

Xx

Wednesday Update

Morning!

I have been busy at work this week, tidying up our mess haha. In between work I have been out walking with my sister and Niamh. It is so good now I can see them on a regular basis. This week we have been to the beach, we were wave jumping in the water and had a picnic.

I went to see the wild pigs, they were so funny and I got a fright when they started fighting.

We went to Craufurdland a couple of times this week and made some mud faces on the trees.

I am slowly starting to think of the summer holidays. My plans are to read more, cycle and relax.

Have fun in this last week.

Miss Stevenson

Friday Feedback

Remember the Sumdog Schools Competition started this morning. Log on and get playing to give our class a chance to get on to the leader board. Please note that Sumdog will also he available to play during the summer holidays.

Here is a little snapshot from this week –

If you haven’t logged on to Microsoft Teams yet please check the post below or your emails for how to do so. Next week’s learning grid will be posted on Teams.

Have a lovely weekend and I will speak to you all on Monday for our last week in Primary 6. 😭

IMPORTANT UPDATE

IMPORTANT UPDATE

We have been working hard setting up Microsoft Teams for each class so that this can be used as the platform on which all teachers will be uploading learning grids and related resources.
This is something which we intend to use in August as part of our blended learning approach. For this reason we felt it was important for each child to be able to access Microsoft Teams to familiarise themselves with how to view the resources uploaded by their class teacher.
Please note: No work has to be uploaded to Teams. All finished work by pupils should still be shared in the same way as we have been doing – by uploading to E-portfolios or alternatively by e-mail to the class teacher (where there are difficulties uploading to E-portfolios).
An e-mail has been sent to every pupil today providing them with a unique code which they require to access their own class Team. A pupil and parent ‘how to’ guide has also been included in this e-mail (this can be viewed by clicking below).

Microsoft-Teams-how-to-for-pupils-and-families-PDF

Wednesday Update

Morning boys and girls. It was lovely to see those of you who came along on Monday to collect your jotters. That was the first time I had been in school since lockdown started – it was lovely to be back in our classroom, but very quiet without you all.

This week I went tree climbing on our walk with Niamh and also managed to have a little picnic with her on Sunday.

In my garden this week there was a little tired bee, so we gave it some sugary water to help it on its way. It looked quite different so I googled it and apparently it is a Tree Bee.

On Saturday we put up a tent in our back door, which ended up being used to play the Playstation in, eat in, nap in, and play board games in. Until Pippa left us some little “presents” in it and everyone ran screaming.

I hope you are all having a lovely week, remember the Sumdog competition starts on Friday.

Miss S

Learning Grid 15th June

Good morning, I cannot believe this is the second last week of the school year. Please find attached your learning grid and the links to the activities. Keep sending me your work – I love seeing what you have been up to and I am impressed at how many of you are accessing and sharing your work.

Primary 6 Learning Grid

Number Talks Strategies

Green-Red Numeracy June 15, Purple Numeracy June 15

Pip

The Dog Walking Consortium

Green Grammar, Red Grammar,  Grammar – Purple

All about me activity

Outdoor June

Global Citizenship Print

School Values Whole School Task – PDF

Primary STEM Booklet

PLEASE NOTE – a new East Ayrshire schools competition starts on Friday. Log in and play to score points.

Have a lovely week,

Miss Stevenson.

Friday Feedback

Happy Friday.

Lots of you have emailed me your Numeracy work this week – good to see you are all busy and continuing to challenge yourself.

Your blogs have been a little quieter this week. So please keep uploading when you can.

Here is a selection of work from this week, if you get a chance take a look at Thomas’ blog for his fantastic career video.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss S

East Ayrshire Council site