Mrs Kelly’s Update 13/05/2020

Hello again P5,

I hope you are all well and still all managing ok. You are all doing a super job keeping busy from what I can see on your blogs and the emails some of you have sent me. I have really enjoyed hearing all your news. I miss you all very much and I am looking forward to when we can get back to school.

I have been busy this week: catching up with some of the families from school on the phone; preparing your learning grids; homeschooling Dylan and of course our VE Day celebrations.

I loved the VE Day anniversary. I caught up with the Fenwick staff online and we had a virtual tea party which was great. I wore my wee Granny’s tea dress and made some cakes. Later on with my family we listened to old wartime music and I baked a pie.

I have been continuing my cooking journey and as I mentioned, I baked a pie for VE day – chicken and leek with pastry. It seemed to go down well as there was none left! I also made a cottage pie yesterday; it wasn’t as tasty as I had hoped so I think I must have left an ingredient out.

I have been doing some walking to help with the walk500miles challenge and I have been enjoying the scenery around where I live. Sometimes I just walk round our fields and last week I spotted some more lambs, a wee cat looking very happy with itself hiding down by the burn at the bottom of our field and a very sleepy Paddy 🙂

Remember to log your miles with Mrs Davidson to see if our little school can reach our target of 500miles and if you can, make a small donation on ParentPay towards our fundraiser for Hallhouse Carehome.

Take lots of care boys and girls, remember to update me with your news and any work you would like me to check on your blog, or email if you would prefer. I will take a selection of things to share on our Feedback Friday post.

I look forward to hearing from you, even if it is just to say hello.

From, Mrs Kelly 🙂