National Numeracy Parent Workshop

Once again I would like to say a huge thank you to all the families who have been engaging with our maths activities at home.  It is great to read your comments and hear how much fun you are having with maths at home.

As part of our partnership this year with National Numeracy I am delighted that the charity are offering us a parent workshop.  Due to ongoing restrictions this will take place over Zoom.  This is a great opportunity for parents to work alongside the staff at National Numeracy and gain more information on our successful project with them this year.

A note from National Numeracy:-

Parental engagement in children’s learning has a large and positive effect on children. We want to support parents to engage positively with our pupils’ maths learning.

Therefore, we are inviting all parents and carers to attend a workshop with the charity National Numeracy.

The workshop is not a maths lesson, nor does it cover any maths learning, but is focused on fostering positive attitudes towards numeracy and tips for ensuring your children develop these too.

The session will cover the importance of maths in the real world, being positive about maths and how to boost your own number skills.

We would be delighted to welcome you to the session.

DATE:  Tuesday 22nd March

TIME:  1.15pm – 2.15pm

LOCATION:  Zoom

Here is the Zoom link for the session:

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85833264692?pwd=MDBCejJMdFFZUWVJS3NmS05Hcmxqdz09

Meeting ID: 858 3326 4692

Passcode: 796713

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the school if you have any problems accessing the meeting.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Mrs Schendel

01290 551436

roberta.schendel@eastayrshire.org.uk