Thursday 28th January 2021

Following Rena’s post from yesterday about bedtime routines, I am going to talk about what happens before going to bed.

Before bedtime your mum or dad will give you a time and this is when you start to get ready for bed.

Once it gets to this time you will be asked to brush your teeth and put on your pyjamas.

When in bed your mum or dad might read you a nice relaxing story.

As a nice wee treat tonight I have recorded my own wee story for you all to enjoy – so at bedtime, sit back, relax and have a wee cuddle while you listen to one of my favourite stories.

In the morning as a wee extension, can you draw me a picture of your favourite animal from the story along with some twinkling stars and count how many stars you have in your picture.

Please send in any pictures to my email address : julie.nohar@eastayrshire.org.uk

Sweet dreams everyone 🙂

Curriculum areas covered:

Communication/Literacy: listening and asking questions, pencil control and mark making.

Numeracy: discussing the time on the clock, getting the child to recognise the number.

Health and Wellbeing: hygiene brushing teeth before bed.