Wednesday 13th January 2021

Good morning everyone, I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas break, unfortunately it is longer than intended.  Until we can welcome you back into the centre we all need to do what we can to stay safe.

Today I am going to be making some delicious vegetable soup for my family and would love it if you could join me in this task.

Firstly we need to make sure we have all the ingredients we need.  Let’s get our adult to help us out here.  If you don’t have all the ingredients maybe your adult could take you to the shop to get these or make some soup of your choice with the ingredients you have in your house.

Let’s wash our hands and prepare our vegetables, remembering to get our adults help when cutting and peeling.  Can you count how many carrots you have? what about your potatoes?

While you are waiting on your soup getting ready why don’t you ask your adult to help you find out where all your vegetables come from.

Parents/carers – you can encourage your child by searching the internet to find out what countries these ingredients come from and also how they are grown.

Remember to send me some pictures of your hard work and yummy soup

Curricular areas covered

• Literacy – following a recipe, new vocabulary such as “ingredients, measure, equipment”
  • Maths and Numeracy – measuring, counting, weight
  • Health & Wellbeing – healthy foods, where vegetables come from, food preparation, personal hygiene.

Please forward any pictures to Julie.nohar@eastayrshire.org.uk