Rainforest animals visit Leswalt Primary

The children of Leswalt Primary were recently host to some unusual visitors – in the form of animals from the tropical rainforests.  The whole school is currently learning all about “Rainforests” and had a visit from “Zoolab” to enhance their learning.

Zoolab came along with animals such as a giant hissing cockroach, a corn snake, tarantula spider and snail.  The pupils learned how animals such as these were adapted for life in the hot and damp conditions of the rainforest.  The children also learned which animals lived in the different layers of the rainforest – with the cockroach living in the forest floor, the tree frog climbing in the canopy and the snake enjoying basking in the sun up high in the emergent layer.    

All the animals were passed around for the pupils to examine closer and handle.  The Primary one pupils particularly enjoyed having a giant cockroach climb up them “it tickles”.  The sight of a huge snake crawling across the classroom floor was something the children will always remember.                  

One thought on “Rainforest animals visit Leswalt Primary”

1. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend a while finding out more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I used to be searching for this info for my mission.