On 6.2.12 P3-7 had a visit from ‘History Alive’. P3/4/5 enjoyed learning all about castles in Medieval times and handling/ trying on medieval clothes and armour. P3/4/5 look forward to sharing all of this information at their parent showcase on 22.2.12.

historyalivevideo1

10 thoughts on “”

1. I thought we all did very well.I especially liked the falconry display.Did you like the falconry display?.I loved the fact when Asbo saw Murray the white tailed sea eagle.I also thought it was funny when Bobby the owl,Murray the white tailed sea eagle and Asbo the owl all done the toilet.

2. I loved History Alive!
    It was great learning all the facts and about the moat etc.)
    I loved trying the clothes on and also putting the chain mail on and the big helmet
    but my favourite bit was definitely holding the axes and swords! Thank you Mrs Stevenson for the history alive Afternoon and thank you Kathryn for coming in and doing it! Im so sad we have finished our castles topic but I cant wait to get our classroom and roleplay corner sorted in to weather stuff! I love this school!

3. I loved history alive!I loved trying on clougths and putting on chain mail!It was soooooo interesting!I loved every minute of it!Thank you Mrs Stevenson for having a lovley time!I also loved the swords and axes too!Same as Evie,the swords and axes was my favourite part!Actully all of it was my favourite!And it was sooo kind of Kathryn to come in and teach us about castles!By the way the big axe and the two big swords were really heavey!But I’ve got to say that the big axe was th heaveist of them all,( it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo heavy it almost broke of my arm hehee)

From Karen P5

4. Thanks to all the children at Kirkcowan for giving us such a fantastic afternoon, it was really interesting and fun and the falconry display was amazing. I learned lots of new things. Thanks 🙂

5. I had great fun when the history alive lady came in.It was fun trying on the helmats and things.:)

6. I loved learning about the Medevel castles and the Vikings.I hope everyone else enjoyed as much as I did.