P5D invite you to watch their book trailer

Circus of Thieves and the Raffle of Doom book trailer from Mrs Dyson on Vimeo.

Please try clicking  on the link above, if the video below does not play.

Circus of Thieves and the Raffle of Doom book trailer

We worked collaboratively to create our own book trailer for ‘Circus of Thieves and the Raffle of Doom’ by William Sutcliffe. We wanted to promote the book and encourage others to read it. The author, William Sutcliffe will be visiting our school as part of Scottish Book Trust’s author visit programme on Thursday 5th June. We included our own sketches of the crazy characters and added our own narrations. We hope you enjoy watching our book trailer and we really recommend reading this brilliant, humorous, chaotic and exciting book. We would love feedback on our book trailer so please feel welcome to leave a comment by clicking on the title above.         Created by Primary 5D

17 thoughts on “P5D invite you to watch their book trailer”

1. Well done everyone! I am very proud of the great effort you all made in creating this book trailer. You generated excellent ideas and worked so well as a class to agree on the format for this entertaining book trailer. I think we are all excited about the author William Sutcliffe visiting our school this week. Mrs Dyson

2. Wow, what a fantastic book trailer! It has persuaded us to buy the book and read it in class before the end of term. How did you create the trailer?

3. Well done P5D! This is a super book trailer. We all found it very entertaining and loved finding out about all the characters. We are really excited about the visit from William Sutcliffe on Thursday. P5W

4. This is excellent! Well done P5D & Mrs Dyson. It looks and sounds amazing – William thinks so too!

5. Fantastic!!! What a huge amount of time and effort you all put in to your super book trailer. We were very impressed and believe me it takes a lot to impress Primary 7!! We’re looking forward to meeting William Sutcliffe. Well done Mrs Dyson and P5D.

6. Mrs Martin, thank you for your feedback. We created our book trailer using Photo Story software. We imported our own photographs, ordered them, decided on slide transitions, added text then recorded our own narrations. We used Publisher software to create our front and credits page then imported them as JPEGS into our photo story. We chose appropriate music to add to our book trailer theme.
    We hope your class enjoy the book and maybe your pupils could make their own book trailer. Primary 5D

7. Thank you very much for allowing us to watch the trailer. We found it hilarious, well illustrated and attractive to look at. We discussed the trailer after watching, and there are many of us who are now interested in buying the book.
    A big congratulations to all of you! Miss Thomson & P4

‘It was a tendon twanging, side splitting, hilarious trailer.’ Sam McKnight P4

8. My class have not used Photostory to make a book trailer but we did use it to share the Scottish animals we invented. Have a wee look on our school blog, What’s up @ Carrutherstown
    🙂

9. An excellent and informative book trailer. Super illustrations and I laughed and really enjoyed listening to P5D and Mrs Dyson describing the crazy characters!!
    Well done everyone

10. I think my dad and my little brother Zach enjoyed watching this trailer as much as me. Zach was laughing when Aiden said his sentence. Also I think my class worked extremely hard to create this amazing book trailer.

11. We all worked very hard on the trailer. Well done everyone. My mum says Mrs Dyson was the best.

12. This was a very well made Trailer, it looked like you guys worked really hard on it. 🙂
    By the way I’m from Holywood.