Pupil Council Meeting 18th September
Those present were
Mrs Watson, Emmie Jamieson and Kyle Higgins P1/2, Kara Thompson and Rauri McGauchie P2/4, Ben True and Jorja Lindsay P4/5 and Iona Wilson and Jamie feely P6/7
The Pupil Council discussed the following
- Which charities to support. It was decided to support Children In Need, Mateso (Plan), Sports Relief, A chosen Cancer charity.
- Healthy Snack was discussed. Reps to go back to their class and talk about healthy snack and in the two older classes they should agree on how they can encourage all children to have a healthy snack. Fruit cards are working well in the two younger classes but not so well in the older classes.
- Mrs Watson discussed with the group how we plan to work with the pupils to decide on new ideas to improve our playground. Mrs Watson is going to organise for the pupil council to visit Lincluden, Holywood and Kilnford to look at their playgrounds and gardens. The children were very excited about this.
- Pupils were to ask their teachers if they could have a short time to feed back to their class and to get their views to bring back to the next meeting.
- The next meeting will be held on 30th October at Snack and Chat.