Book Week Competition

Book Week Information

Monday 14th November – Friday 18th November

As you will be aware from the literacy week newsletter, there are a number of things happening during literacy week. Here are a few reminders of important dates, etc.

* Pupils should bring in books which they no longer wish to keep, for Tuesday 15th November for our book swap event.

* An optional homework task has been given out with the prize for each class being a book from the book fair.

* The book fair will be open to parents on Thursday 17th, Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd November from 3pm – 4pm. Your child will also have opportunities to visit during school time.

* There is an opportunity for parents to visit their children’s class on Tuesday 22nd November from 2.45pm to see a piece of writing.

* Friday 18th November is ‘Dress as a Book Character’ day.

* If a child (with parental help if necessary) posts below this post, about what their favourite book is and why, they will receive a reading sticker and a bookmark.

24 thoughts on “Book Week Competition”

1. My favourite book is ‘why I love my daddy’ by Daniel Howarth.
    I love this book because it has lots of animals and I have had it for a long time. I like to read this book to my Dad.
    James Edwards

2. My favourite book just now is ‘The Tickle Book’ by Ian Whybrow. I love the tickle monster in it and I love being tickled.
    Leah Risk

3. My favourite book is The BFG by Ronald dahl! I love all the big funny words like “snozzcumber” and whizzpopper”! The BFG is such a kind man who gives children nice dreams! – Oliver 🙂

4. My favourite book is Winnie Flies Again.
    I like it when she flies upside down and crashes into everything before she gets her glasses.
    I have drawn a book cover of her with her new glasses. She is happy.
    James Steele

5. I like ‘Tinkerbell and the Neverbeast’. I like it because Gruff and Fawn are very good friends and everyone is happy at the end.

6. Matilda by Roald Dahl is my favourite because I love books and she reads books. I’m going to try and dress up as her on Friday.

Megan Ross

7. Amy’s favourite book right now is Little Miss Chatterbox by Roger Hargreaves. It Amy’s favourite book because grandma bought it for her when she visited us last weekend, and really enjoyed grandma reading it to her. Amy is going to dress as Little Miss Chatterbox on Friday!

8. Josephs favourite book at the moment is Cats Ahoy. He thinks it’s funny that the dogs are scared of the cats. Also the cats eat the haddock from their swords. 😁

9. My favourite book is Solomon Crocodile. It has two crocodiles in it that reminds me of me and my brother, “double trouble”. Ethan Pirrie