Felices Vacaciones – Happy Holidays

Boys and Girls,

Summer holidays are a few days around the corner and the first thing I want to say is congratulations. Congratulations “Felicitaciones” on your hard work, your patience and your positivism to go through all this, you are amazing!

To finish this term and this school year,  I thought we could do something nice and special, by using a few materials and one word or a phrase you have learnt in Spanish during this time; the one that it was stuck in your head the most, the one that sounded funny or the one that reminded you of something. Once you have it, we will do a colour print so you can hung it somewhere and remember for ever!

I chose to do a word that it might be new for you, it is one of my favourites “Vacaciones” which means “Holidays” more similar to “Vacacions”.

Materials

-Any markers that you have that are not permanent.

-White paper, hopefully a bit thicker than normal.

-Zipper bag

-Water to spray

-A black marker. permanent if possible.

Step 1

Write the word you chose, use any handwriting you want.

Step 2

Colour the bag with the markers, if you put it on top of your word you will see what parts you want covered.

Step 3

Spray water on it, you can use a brush or even your fingers to spray water in it.

Step 4

Turn it around and let the ink touch the paper, with your fingers move the ink around. Very carefully remove the bag.

Step 5

Let it dry. Once it is dried, stick it to your wall, make a card out of it or put it on a frame. Well done!

Have a wonderful summer holidays, enjoy them as much as you can and make lovely memories with your beloved ones. Well done to you all!

6 thoughts on “Felices Vacaciones – Happy Holidays”

1. Hola Greig, as Mrs Rossvoll said you could do either, it is yours so you decided. Can’t wait to see! 🙂