Literacy: MILD: Bee Fact Files with Special Guests!

It’s time to get writing!

I have enlisted the help of some amazing bee keepers to help us with this grid task. From just a small request they have produced an amazing amount of videos filled with lots of facts for us to listen to!

To help with writing the factfile there is also the youtube link on the grid. In the sway at the beginning you will see a checklist you can use when watching the videos. When we are listening out for facts it is always a good idea to know what you are listening out for.

Please enjoy the interview with our special guest! 

Bee Keepers Go LIVE!

Are you ready to start writing? 

In your journal you will need a blank page.

You can save the top of the page for when we do our picture and labelling next week.

You can choose how many sentences filled with facts you would like to write.

If you are describing the bee…. your sentence may start with.

It has… 

The bee has… 

If you are telling us about where it lives… your sentence may start with.

It lives in… 

The bee stays in… 

You can find bees in… 

If you are telling us about what the bee does… your sentence may start with.

The bee will… 

The bee must… 

Bees can… 

If you are telling us some interesting facts… I’m going to leave that to you as you might find a fact our bee keepers or myself have never heard of.

Enjoy writing your factfiles with the help of our Amazing Bee Keepers! 

17 thoughts on “Literacy: MILD: Bee Fact Files with Special Guests!”

1. Dear Guest Beekeepers!
    I have absolutely loved watching your video clips and have learned so much. I really appreciate the time you have taken to share all this information with us. You are the absolute ‘Bees Knees!’ and this will encourage us all to BEE so kind to Bees. I am away to organise the area I am keeping for my pollinator promise – thank you again – just amazing!
    Ms Rossvoll

2. Mrs Rossvoll I loved this activity. Thank you to Evie and Finlay’s family for the amazing videos explaining everything about bees! Bees are more important than what we think and learning about them with real life experiences make us more aware of them. Such an interesting and delicious topic!

3. We hoped you like our videos, we enjoyed making them.

If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them.

4. We absolutely loved learning about the bees, thank you so much for the videos! We have been writing about the bees and drawing a picture of a queen bee in our learning journal.

5. Loved the videos. Well done Evie and Finlay (also Liz and Ewan). I enjoyed writing up my facts. I’ve got over my fear of bees.

6. I like honey and I like bees. Thank you for the videos. I will keep my eyes peeled for the bees in our garden.

7. I’ve just finished watching all your videos! You are excellent presenters, Finlay and Evie, and you spoke so clearly and confidently. I feel I’ve learned so much about bees today – thank you for sharing all that information with us.

8. I really liked finding facts about Bees and drawing one even though I don’t think I am a good drawer. The bee looked good when we used smudgy fingers and a rubber and coloured it in.
    We made some honey and stuck it all together to make a fact file poster

1. Sol I will have to share your poster with the other teachers it is something you should be proud of.

9. Evie and Finlay I loved your videos they were really good and very interesting.
    I’m now away to write all about my bee facts that I have learned.

10. We learned so much more from the real bee keepers than we did online. It was great to see inside the hives too. We had not seen a queen bee before either.
    Thank you Bee Keepers.

11. Great video Evie & Finlay (and mum & dad)! We think it must be really noisy working with all those busy Bees!