Numeracy: MILD – Data Handling, Your Answers.

Your answers are in!

Thank you to everyone who completed the survey.

When you gather in information it can be called ‘raw data’ like raw chicken you can’t do much with it, so you have to do something in order for it to be used. For instance, cooking the chicken or presenting the data in a way that is readable.

Below is a list of the data that has been collated. Your task is to use the data given and present it in a readable manner. This could be in the form of a pictogram, bar graph or pie chart.  Look through the sway below on suggestions and reminders when presenting the information.

The raw data.

Do you have a pet?  Yes (17) No (7)
How many pets do you have?   One (9)  two-three (2)  four-six (3)  more than seven (3)
What type of animal?
  • Dog  (9)
  • Cat (8)
  • Guinea Pig (1)
  • Horse (3)
  • Chickens (2)
  • Ducks (1)
  • Turkey (1)
  • Sheep (2)
  • Fish (2)
  • Caterpillars (1)
What do they eat?
  • Grass (3)
  • Carrots (2)
  • Cat Food  (4)
  • Pellets (2)
  • Dog Food (6)
  • Ham (1)
  • Hay (2)
  • Chicken (1)
  • Fish Flakes (1)
  • Socks (1)
Can they do a trick?  Yes (11) No (5)

Have great fun creating your displays of information. Remember you do not have to use all the raw data, choose a question to focus on. Send to your teachers or add them to your sway as we will use your work to create questions for others to try.

6 thoughts on “Numeracy: MILD – Data Handling, Your Answers.”

1. Interesting results Mr Mutch. I’m curious as to what all the tricks are that all these fabulous pets can do.👍

2. Mr Mutch, I have done a bar graph and took a photo and put it in my sway. I added pictures from my magazines of all the animals I could find. I couldn’t find a Caterpillar or a duck so I drew them 😃🦆🐛

1. I can’t wait to take a look at your sway – I will add your picture to my collection to share on blog with all the other bar graphs!