P6-7 Blog Update

Literacy: The class are continuing to read Wonder by R. J. Palacio and are working on different reading strategies in line with this. They have used the novel to inspire a diary entry, do some research around health conditions and are answering comprehension questions as we go.

The children are also doing some creative writing using different images as stimulus for this. I love that all of the children go completely in their own direction with this while at home!

Numeracy: Primary 6-7 are working on decimals and percentages at the moment and did a little revision of time (the fractions and decimals are tough!!). Next we are moving on to Money. The children will use real life contexts to add, subtract, multiply and divide money, with some working out profit and loss. The class are working on probability with Mrs Casasola.

Other curricular areas: The children have a Scottish themed booklet by Miss Davie to work through instead of the grid activities for their afternoon work. There is also a separate booklet of activates for ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ for some screen-free activities to break up your week.

I am thoroughly enjoying our video conferencing chats. I really appreciate the children coming on to chat to each other and engage with me about their work. It almost feels “normal” when I have lots of the class looking back at me!

As always, if I can do anything more to help or you need anything at all, email me on jodi.riley@aberdeenshire.gov.uk or contact me via Google Classroom. Stay safe! Miss Riley.