We value the strong support and interest we receive from parents and carers.
We try to keep parents informed of what is happening in the school by communicating with home as regularly as possible via email, lunch wallets, Twitter, School Website and the Parent Council (TPSA). We hope that parents will further support the school by reinforcing and extending at home what we are trying to achieve in School.
Opportunities for Parental Involvement
During the School Day:
- Helping in the pre-school class
- Art/craft activities
- Sharing knowledge and expertise in some aspects of the curriculum eg topic talk, history, science, health
- Practical activities in science, maths, social subjects, health education or technology
- Reading stories to groups of children, playing/reading/phonics games
- Supervising board games
- Fun 31 activities
- Running or Assisting to run a Lunch or Before/After School Club
- Supporting educational visits/trips
- School Concerts – making costumes, props, supervision of children
- Road safety – Cycle training
Outwith the School Day:
- Talking with children about their learning and supporting them to make connections with learning experiences in school and real life
- Fundraising events
- Trips, eg sporting events, concerts
- Extra curricular activities eg coaching, sports/art clubs/dancing
If you wish to be a regular Parent Helper, PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) checks have to be completed – please discuss with School Staff.